Monday, July 27, 2009

by the bay

Last November, December, and much of January I had only one CD in my car. It played on repeat through all those weeks, acting as the soundtrack to a crazy time of change and excitement and lots of contemplating. (Believe me people, I know how emo I get sometimes. This site gets the bulk of it.)

Anyway, imagine my delight when I heard that Needtobreathe, the band behind my wintertime soundtrack, was coming to play a free concert down by the beach here in town! Bay Cafe was hosting yet another great show, and it made for a great Sunday night. I came in my bathing suit and a dress after a full day of fun, and enjoyed a glass of wine, warm air that lasted past sunset, and a truly soulful set that seemed to, as the guy next to us put it, leave the band members hearts poured out onto the pavement.

If you don't know them, you should.

No comments: