Monday, July 27, 2009

"and a new day will begin"


It is so few and far between that I get to see stage performances, but whenever I do I'm reminded of how brilliant they are, how drawn in you become, how a great performer is a thing to behold. They throw themselves across the stage, sing while doing cartwheels, and are so utterly completely... vulnerable. They are singing their hearts out and making dramatic faces and wearing skintight outfits in front of thousands of people. It's truly a gift they are giving us, their talent and vulnerability give us the chance to be swept away in a story, carried away by songs like "Memory", or the chance to laugh and cry and cheer like I did when I saw Les Miserables. I'm so happy I won those tickets to see Cats... Another perfect summer night it was.

No comments: