Thursday, July 9, 2009

alegre en el sol

Shortly after I graduated from college I took off for a month in Costa Rica for language school. Almost exactly five years ago today is when I returned. I spent the fourth of July there, on a weekend down the coast with a few girls at a two room bed and breakfast in a tiny tiny village by the sea, that wasn't even in the guidebooks. We couldn't believe how wonderful it was, so gorgeous, the waves were the best we'd seen, and we seemed to have the beach and the boogie boards and the tiny German restaurant with the crazy lady who needed our order two hours in advance and the kind Canadian man who ran the B&B and made us pancakes and the warm night filled with stars all to ourselves. It was one of the most amazing times of my life.







Below is a photo from another time on that trip when a few of us from my language school hiked through the hills to get to this hidden waterfall and pool. We swam there forever, and some of us jumped from the top down into the pool. Some of us may or may not have been dared to jump without their top on... and even though from down below the group couldn't really see anything, you could cover yourself with your arm and put the top back on once you were underwater...I may or may not have done it and felt like I was truly having the crazy carefree moment you should be having when you're 21 and just finished college and jumping off waterfalls in foreign countries.

No comments: