Monday, September 22, 2008

"glide down, over mulholland..."

3 Things I'd Like to Change Right Now...

1) The temperature of nighttime in Santa Barbara. I wish it was comfortably warm or even hot when the sun goes down for more than just a handful of nights per year.

2) My geographical distance from my family... I'd love to pop over for the extended family dinner nights that one Tuesday every month if I was closer than 5 hours away.

3) Every once in awhile I'm a little too reserved. I don't like the word shy for myself, so reserved is what I call it. Every once in awhile it becomes a hindrance.



3 Things I Wish Would Stay Forever Exactly As They Are Now ...

1) How peacefully thrilled I feel whenever I listen to John Mayer's version of Free Fallin. That hasn't worn out yet.

2) The VCN condo crew and how I can walk over to their places from mine for the Olympics or football or pool time and it feels as comfortable as with family.

3) My organization and promptness in cleaning & laundry here at my place. Nothing like living alone in a small space to really streamline (or create, for that matter) your systems and be productive in those ways. Now my cooking skills, on the other hand, I would not put in this category of wishing they'd stay the same... those can certainly be improved on.

2 comments:

Kristine Aletha said...

Feel the exact same way about Free Fallin'. Love.

Megan said...

Ah, free fallin'. I remember closing my eyes during the concert and thinking there was no where else I wanted to be. I had to survive on replays of crappy you tube clips until the DVD came out.

And friends. I feel the same way. It all feels like family here at VCN and it couldn't be better!